Our Budgeting course offers Executive Assistants and other administrative professionals a comprehensive introduction to budgeting. Budgets can be a daunting task for someone who is new to the subject. Our experienced finance trainers will instruct you in the main budgeting methodologies, and terminologies and consolidate your learnings with practical exercises.
The course is a virtual classroom training course. The course is taught by an experienced finance trainer and finance professional. The training is interactive and with a large number of practical, work-related exercises.
- What is a budget?
- Understanding the different types of budgets
- Cost management and cost budgets
- Budget-related financial terms
- What is a Forecast?
- The differences between a budget and a forecast
- Revenue vs Costs
- Variable and Fixed Costs
- CAPEX and OPEX
- Relating budgets to the principal financial reports
- The different approaches to budgets
- Practical exercises
- How to Prepare and Deliver Your Budget
- Important financial concepts like inventory, accruals and cash flow
- Ascertain expenditure and variances
- Control the Budget through variance analysis
- Business cases behind your Budget
You can see the next course dates on the drop-down menu at the top of the page
The course runs for one day from 10:30 to 16:30.
What courses complement this training?
Who is this course suitable for?
The Course is ideal for Executive Assistants, Office Managers, Administrative Assistants, PAs or similar roles. It can be taken by people with experience in Budgeting or people without experience.
- IEAA Accredited Budgeting Certificate is issued on completion
- Build Budgeting knowledge of the subject and terms
- Gain skills, knowledge and confidence to work with Budgets
- Understand the larger context of Budgets at work
- Use practical exercises to build your skills and ability to develop long-term and new skills