An overview and enlightened insight into the role of a Company Secretary. Many Executive Assistants are assisting their Executives with Company Secretarial deliverables and tasks. This is largely due to the decreased requirements for having an official Company Secretary. Many tasks are done with online web filing and are much easier to do now. Nevertheless, the tasks need to be completed. There can be large penalties for failure to deliver the filings to comply with standards The Company Secretary function is an integral part of many Executive Assistant’s responsibilities.
This course gives Executive Assistants a broad understanding of the role of a Company Secretary. The Company Secretary for Executive Assistants Course provides an overview of the key deliverables for a Company Secretary and introduces the integrally linked subjects of Corporate Law and Finance.
Company Secretary for Executive Assistants Course
This course seeks to provide delegates with an insight into the role of a Company Secretary enabling students to use the knowledge gained in related job roles.
This course is designed to run over three days 10:30 to 16:30. The course will be delivered directly by qualified professionals from both the legal and financial fields.
Module – 1 – Financial reports
- Financial Management concept and terminology
- Understand the components of Annual Reports and Financial reports
- Balance Sheet / P&L / Cash Flow Statement / Statement of Changes in Equity
- Interpret Financial Information in Annual reports for the Annual Board Meetings
- Financial Terminology for Board Meetings
Module – 2 – Corporate Law
- Shareholders defined
- Shares registers and share capital
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Voting polls and proxies
- Corporate Governance
- Directors Law
Module – 3 – Company Secretarial Practice for Assistants
- Company Secretarial practice – an overview
- Companies’ Act 2006
- Companies House
- Company law
- Company meetings
- Company registers
- Corporate compliance
Dates and Duration
The training is delivered over three days from 10:30 to 16:30 in an online virtual classroom.
All training is delivered via virtual classrooms, we have experienced and specialist trainers who will deliver the training. The course is available for corporate bookings and group bookings if desired.
The course is accredited by the IEAA and a certificate is issued upon completion. The course material is also CPD Standards Accredited and we can issue a CPD Certificate if desired.
- Executive Assistants and other administrative professionals who are working on company secretarial practices.
- Gain comprehension of the scope and main purpose of the Company Secretary function
- Gain a broad range of related knowledge in Finance and Corporate Law to complement your knowledge of Company Secretary practice
- Modernise your skillset as an Executive Assistant
- Gain a skill required by Executive Assistants in the highest-profile roles
- Broader general understanding of their job to a point of greater confidence in the workplace
- IEAA and CPD Accredited course with international recognition
- Gain Certification and a new qualification for your career profile.