Event Management is commonly required by Executive Assistants. This one-day practical virtual classroom course acts as an introduction to Event Management. The aim is to provide Executive Assistants with formal techniques for planning, designing and controlling an Event. Additionally, Executive Assistants will gain the opportunity to gain a professional qualification that will build their skills.
- What is an Event?
- Where and how to get creative with Event Ideas
- What skills are required to be a success in Events
- Building an interesting and appropriate concept
- Planning your Events
- Create a prelim brief for approval
- How to get the best guests, deals and venues
- Building Schedule
- Comparison of Venues
- Health and Safety, risk assessment and insurance
- Understanding the audience
- Create an appropriate atmosphere
- Marketing Plans for your Event
- Publicity and promotion, including PR, Internet and Social Media
The training is delivered in a virtual classroom format by an experienced Event Manager.
Who is it for?
The course can be taken by Executive Assistants who have experience of organising events as part of their roles, or complete beginners. It offers the opportunity to gain knowledge and confidence to work in Events.
Benefits of the course
- Technical skills required to plan and organise an event.
- Successful promotion of your event.
- A focus on the key soft skills required to deliver an event successfully
- Practical exercises to simulate a work environment to help gain confidence and experience in the workplace.
- How to delegate and prioritise in order to effectively manage resources and meet your deadlines.
- How to find the best deals and venues through research and networking.
- Maintaining your networks for later events
- Evaluating and learning from an Event