Our Office Manager Course – Level 4 Certificate aims to provide the range of skills and knowledge needed to be a successful Office Manager.
Office Manager Course
A three-day office manager course delivered by experienced tutors in a virtual classroom. They will provide a mixture of theory, interactive sessions and practical exercises.
The course comprises a mixture of theory, interactive sessions and practical exercises.
The key functions of an Office Manager
- Understand why your role is important.
- Key duties and skills
- What is an Office Manager? The role is defined.
Knowledge of related functional areas
- HR (Human Resources) functions and activities- induction process
- Project management and planning – an overview.
- Health and Safety for Office Managers
- Facilities and premises management
- Budgeting and finance
- Why are objectives important?
- How to set objectives for your team
- How to coordinate with higher-level objectives
- Learn the finer points of why effective communication is so important; become an effective communicator and leader
- Learn the importance of assertiveness in performing your role
- Assertive versus Passive behaviour
Confidence building – get your own “can do” mindset!
- How to build your self-confidence and become a more effective performer and leader
- Lead through example
- Learn how to spread this confidence to the wider team
- Negotiate effectively
- Get the most out of your budget
- Decision-making techniques
- Developing and recording new office procedures for streamlining and efficiency
- Manage stress in yourself and the team
- Effective conflict management
Leadership – Be a great team leader; discover how your team can reward you.
- Delegation and supervision
- Team working and leadership
- Motivation- how to find the magic touch
- Importance and application of objectives in the team and group dynamics
- Working well with colleagues
- Coaching as a tool
Managing time – get your priorities right and stay on top of your role.
- Time management
- Organising the team
The importance of the client
- Why are customers so important
- How to keep this in focus
- Complaint handling
Your future career
“The most effective learning course I’ve ever been on”
Dates and Duration
Three-day course 10:30 to 16:30 in a virtual classroom.
Administrative professionals looking to become a supervisor or office manager; existing office managers looking to enhance job performance and knowledge/skill base.
We offer an Office Manager Diploma – Level 4 for Office Managers looking for a more comprehensive and longer programme. This programme will combine the Office Manager Course with a Microsoft Office Diploma for Office Managers.
- Job readiness
- Increase in confidence
- Expand skillset
- A professional qualification to build your CV
- Improved employability and confidence on the job.
- IEAA Certification on successful completion