The one-day Minute Taking Course provides you with a systematic and technical approach to the taking of minutes at meetings; an explanation of the theory and practical workshops are provided to help cement your knowledge.
Minute Taking Course in Virtual Classroom
The course develops the skills needed to understand and research the subject(s) of a meeting, identify the key points and record accurately; to prepare and deliver notes which are to the point and clearly understandable; to create the necessary templates for formal minute preparation (templates provided on course).
The Course is a one day workshop. It is highly interactive and will combine some tutor-led instructions with numerous practical examples. The course is delivered in a Virtual Classroom environment.
- Types of minutes and writing styles available.
- Chairperson’s duties and responsibilities of the minute taker.
- Establishing good working rapport with the Chair.
- Creating an agenda – where to start and what other people will expect.
- Practical application of the agenda.
- Note-taking – practical exercises; Sorting information effectively and knowing what is important.
- What is a good set of minutes; Re-writing poor minutes; Bad minutes – feedback session.
- Overcoming the passive voice; correct tone and professional language; questions and answers with our experienced trainer.
This course can be purchased by organisations that would like their employees to take group training. Contact us for details of our corporate training group prices.
Dates and Duration
One day course that is running from 10:30 to 16:30.
- Understand clearly what is the minute taker’s role.
- Understand the format and details that must be included in professional, accurate and brief minutes.
- Understanding the importance of the minute-taker and chair relationship.
- Learn how to prepare for meetings and take minutes
- Improve your listening techniques
- Develop your concentration
- IEAA Accreditation for Minute Taking
- Professional qualification to build your CV