The course serves as a stepping stone to gain employment in an entry-level office or admin job. Students can also opt to continue studying with the IEAA to the Level 3 PA Qualification or the Level 3 Administration qualification.
There are two modules in this Level 2 Office Administration Course:
- Office Administration module – delivered over two days in a Virtual Classroom.
- Beginner Microsoft Office Course – delivered using online interactive software.
Administration Course Content
- Organisational structures and job functions
- Health and Safety
- Office Functions
- An office administrator’s responsibilities
- The function of a receptionist, PA and other administrative professionals
- Client-service abilities
- How to improve phone etiquette and protocol
- How to deal with mail
- Filing systems and electonic records
- Inventory management
- Ability to communicate over the phone
- Email and email administration
- Time management and prioritisation
- Ability to proofread
- Curriculum Vitae (CVs) and career guidance
- Microsoft Office training, as described below
- Typing speed of up to 25 words per minute (wpm)
Beginner administration training in MS Word, which is compulsory, and your choice of one of MS PowerPoint, Outlook or Excel.
Dates and Duration
If desired, the Microsoft training and typing instruction can begin soon. The administration course consists of two days of tutor-led virtual classroom sessions, following which you may attend on a flexi-hours basis. Some training can be done at home or online for your convenience.
This is our entry-level course and we have no set pre-requisites. This course is suitable for people with no prior work experience or office experience. If are looking to commence training with the IEAA, but possess the experience you will be more suited to commencing training at Level 3.
- Develops the skills that are required for entry into the modern administration job market
- Gain the mix of skills to be successful at work
- Increase efficiency at work
- Gain a professional qualification that will build your CV
- Builds confidence
IEAA Certificate in Office Administration – Level 2