The Project Management for an Executive Assistant Course provides an overview of the diverse set of skills and techniques necessary for an Executive Assistant, Office Manager, or other administrative personnel to engage in project management. This course is ideal for anyone looking to advance their career.
Project Management for an Executive Assistant Course
This is a one-day Virtual Classroom training programme taught by an experienced Project Management trainer. The course has a high degree of interactive and practical exercises to instil confidence to work on projects or apply for future jobs.
- Overview of key project management models and their associated terminologies
- What is project management?
- The Project Lifecycle model
- Critical Success Factors for Planning a project
- Feasibility studies
- Initiating a Project
- Planning a project and associated models
- The Constraints of Project Management
- The optimal combination of soft skills required for a Project Manager
- Skills and experience of a good PM
- The Project Team
- Stakeholder Mapping
- What is the ideal skillset of an Executive Assistant for project management roles?
- Managing time and resources constraints
- Case studies of real-life project situations and resolutions
- Finalization and post-completion audit
Dates and Duration
The course will be held in a virtual classroom from 10:30 to 16:30 as a one-day workshop. On request, group bookings and bespoke courses are also offered at client locations.
Who is it for?
Personal Assistants, Executive Assistants, Office Managers, Project Assistants, and any other administrative role seeking a project-oriented career are encouraged to join. The level is appropriate for both beginners and those with prior experience working on projects.
Delegates will gain a clear understanding of how to best leverage their numerous transferable skills acquired during their careers as Executive Assistants. This builds the participants’ confidence, enabling them to work effectively and efficiently on projects.
Delegates gain the confidence to work effectively in a project environment, using a combination of soft skills and technical project abilities will be acquired. The course is extremely practical, focusing on how to perform in a real-world situation, in sharp contrast to other Project courses, which are primarily focused on terminology and models.
You can also take this course as a part of the Executive Assistant Diploma – Level 5.
- A clear understanding of the key transferrable skills of an Executive Assistant
- Understanding of the key skills (technical and soft skills) required for advancement into Projects
- Understand the meaning of project terminologies
- Understand the various project stages, including planning and initiation.
- Awareness of key Project Management Models (including the Project Lifecycle, PRINCE 2, 7S Model, 6C Model and more)
- Good understanding of the significance of the constraints that impact Project Management
- Professional qualification to build your CV
- Expertise in practical exercises on planning and feasibility analyses